An easy, 15 minute recipe where the traditional Spaghetti Aglio Olio is dressed up with sautéed Mushrooms. Perfect for meatless weeknights and a hit with the kids!
- 250 grams spaghetti
- 1 + 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 200 grams Mushrooms (cleaned and cut in half)
- 4 – 5 Cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli (Flakes)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons parsley (dried)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 – 3 tablespoons Parmesan (grated)
- Salt to taste
- Boil spaghetti in salted water as per package instructions until al dente.
- While the spaghetti is boiling, heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan and add mushrooms. Saute on medium high heat for a few minutes till golden brown on all sides.
- Push the mushrooms to one side of the pan and add the remaining olive oil, garlic and chilli flakes. Saute for about a minute, making sure not to burn the garlic and add spaghetti, butter, parsley and salt. Toss well till the herbs coat the spaghetti and the butter has melted. Serve hot with some crusty bread and a salad.