A simple 30 minute recipe, this bhetki fish in citrus basil butter sauce is just what romantic dinners are made of!
- 700 grams Bhetki Fish Fillet
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil (divided)
- 3 Oranges
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 1/2 cup Basil Leaves
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a wide bowl, add one and a half tablespoons Olive Oil, zest of one orange, juice of one orange and salt. Whisk together and add the fish fillets. Cover and set aside for 10 minutes while you prep your salad or any side dishes.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a non stick pan and gently add the fish. Cook the fish for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan on a plate and set aside.
- In the same pan, add butter and garlic. Let the garlic cook on low heat for a minute or two to infuse the butter with it’s flavors. Add the juice of remaining oranges, honey and season with salt and pepper as required. Keep whisking the sauce as it heats up, till it starts thickening up slightly. Add basil leaves to the pan and mix well.
- Slide the cooked fish into the pan, switch off the flame and cover. Let the fish rest in the pan for 3-4 minutes. You will notice that the fish will soak up most of the sauce in the pan. Serve hot.