Watch the Recipe Video ABOVE to see step by step directions. This apple broccoli walnut salad is lighter, creamier but not mayo heavy. Its loaded with apples, broccoli, carrots, walnuts, onions, raisins, cranberries and pumpkin seeds. Its best to make this ahead and refrigerate for an hour before serving.
For the Salad Dressing:
- 1/3 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Salt
For the Salad:
- 3 cups Broccoli Florets
- 1 Apple, cored and sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup chopped Walnuts
- 2 medium sized Carrots, cut into matchsticks/julienned
- 1/2 cup chopped Red Onions
- 3 tablespoons Raisins
- 3 tablespoons dried Cranberries
- 3 tablespoon Pumpkin Seeds
- Boil water in a pot and when it comes to a roaring boil, add the broccoli florets. Blanch them for exactly 30 seconds and strain them. Rinse them with cold water and set aside.
- To make the dressing, whisk together yogurt, mayonnaise, apple cider, honey and salt.
- To assemble the salad, toss together broccoli, carrots, apples, walnuts, onions, raisins, cranberries and pepitas (pumpkin seeds). Drizzle with dressing, and toss to mix well. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
- Greek yogurt can be substituted with the same quantity of hung curd
- Apple cider vinegar can be substituted with the same quantity of lime juice
- You can also use a mix of red and green apples to make the salad more colorful and if you enjoy a little tartness in your salad