Creamy avocado blue cheese salad dressing is the best homemade blue cheese dressing you’ll try – its lighter because it’s yogurt based and has a sharp taste that’s perfect when drizzled on your favourite cobb salad. You can use this dressing to a pasta salad or even use it as a dip!
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 Avocado, pitted and scooped
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- Juice of 2 Limes
- 1 Jalapeno, sliced
- 3 tablespoons Blue Cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender along with 1/4 cup water and blend till smooth. You may have to use the spatula to clean the sides once or twice because the blue cheese tends to stick.
- Use as a salad dressing or omit the water for a thicker dressing that also doubles up as a dip!
- Storage: Store this blue cheese dressing in an air tight container and keep it refrigerated. This lasts 5-7 days in the refrigerator
- Blue Cheese: I used a medium sharp blue cheese for this recipe