A healthy snacking option, these Beet and Goat Cheese Quinoa Patties are a great way to use up veggies and make for a delicious addition to breakfast or a salad.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (Oil)
- 1 cup Quinoa, cooked (Alternatively, use Bulgur)
- 1 Potato (peeled and boiled)
- 1 Beetroot (large, peeled and grated)
- 3/4 cup Spinach (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Oats (powdered)
- 1 teaspoon Ginger (Paste)
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic (Paste)
- 1/4 cup Goat’s Cheese or any other cheese of your choice
- Salt to taste
- Smash the potatoes in a bowl and add all the ingredients except Oil. Mix well till combined.
- Take 1/4 cup of the mixture and form into a round ball. Lightly flatten it with your palm to make a patty or cutlet. Do the same with the rest of the mixture, and line them on a baking sheet or plate. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, and slide in the patties one by one, making sure not to crowd the pan. Cook for 8-10 minutes, and then flip to cook the other side for the same amount of time. Towards the end, increase the flame and crisp them up on both sides.
- Serve warm with a yogurt dip, or roll it up between chapatis.