Bombay Potatoes are simply chatpate masala aloo. Coated with spices and ready in under 15 minutes, they double up as appetizer and main course.
- 500 grams Baby Potatoes (boiled and peeled)
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds (jeera)
- 1 Green Chilli/ Serrano Pepper, chopped finely
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder/ paprika
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder (dhaniya)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder (haldi)
- 1 tsp Raw mango Powder (amchur)
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- Salt to taste
- chopped Coriander Leaves for topping
Serve this with a dip
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped Parsley
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a pan or kadhai, and add cumin seeds.
- Once they start spluttering, reduce the heat and add chopped green chillies and all the spice powders.
- Sauté for a few seconds and add the potatoes and salt.
- Mix well so that the spices coat the potatoes. Cover and cook on low flame for 10 minutes.
- BSauté the potatoes till they are nicely coated with the spices.
- Turn off the heat and top Bombay Potatoes with chopped coriander.
- Serve Bombay Potatoes hot.
- If you’d like to serve these with a dip as an appetizer, just whisk all the ingredients for the dip together till they smooth and fully combined.