Insanely delicious 5 ingredient, gluten free and super juicy caramelized onion, thyme and lemon chicken legs which takes 30 minutes and only one pan.
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- 1 teaspoon Butter
- 2 whole Chicken Legs
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder (or Paprika)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 3 Onions, sliced
- 3 – 4 sprigs Thyme
- 1 Lemon, sliced
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl mix together chili powder or paprika, minced garlic, honey and salt. Rub this all over the chicken legs and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil and butter in a pan and place the chicken legs. Brown on high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side. Add onions to the pan and stir once. Instead of onions placed on top of the chicken, pick up each leg and place it on top of the onions. Top with thyme sprigs and lemon slices.
- Cover and cook for 25-30 minutes turning once midway through the cooking process. Switch off the flame and let the chicken rest in the pan for 5-10 minutes before serving.