Healthy Cauliflower Rice Broccoli Casserole is a baked casserole dish thats gluten free, keto friendly and has loads of flavour. It’s super cheesy and perfect when you want a complete meal for dinner. This can double up as a side dish or a main dish.
- 5 cups Cauliflower Florets
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped Garlic
- 1 Jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped Carrots
- 1 tablespoon dried Oregano
- 1 tablespoon Paprika (adjust the amount to your spice preference)
- Salt to taste
- 3/4 cup Half and Half (1/2 Milk:1/2 Cream)
- 1 cup grated Cheddar
- 1/2 cup grated Mozzarella
- 2 cups Broccoli Florets
- Jalapeno Slices for topping (optional)
- Rice the Cauliflower: Add all the cauliflower florets to a food processor and pulse a few times till the cauliflower resembles small bits like rice. Don’t go all the way or it can turn mushy.
- Cook the Cauliflower: Heat oil in a large pan and add garlic, jalapenos and carrots. Saute for a minute or two on high heat and add the riced cauliflower, oregano, paprika and salt. Stir fry the cauliflower for 3-4 minutes till the cauliflower becomes soft, but not mushy. Take a cup of this cauliflower mixture (reserve the rest) and blend with half and half (its okay if the sauce isn’t completely smooth). Add a splash of water or stock if you need to loosen things up in the blender, but don’t add more than a couple of teaspoons.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C/400 F
- Assemble and Bake: Mix together the reserved cauliflower, cauliflower puree, broccoli and cheddar, and transfer to a baking pan or casserole dish. You can also use a cast iron pan if you like. Top with grated mozzarella and jalapeno slices, if using and bake for 45 minutes. Serve this healthy cauliflower broccoli rice immediately.
- Cut up the broccoli into bit sized florets because if they are too large it can be quite a mouthful while eating
- Do not use too much water or stock while blending the cauliflower or the casserole might become watery
- If you don’t have a food processor, just take a whole cauliflower and grate it with a grater