Watch the recipe video above. This creamy chicken florentine pasta is ready in 30 minutes – tender pieces of chicken, shell pasta that really scoops up the sauce and garlicky spinach in a creamy sauce. It’s everything that’s comfort food for dinner on a weeknight!
- 250 grams shell shaped dried Pasta
- 2 Chicken Breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Paprika Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon minced Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped Garlic
- 3 cups roughly chopped Spinach (or baby spinach)
- 3/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Mozzarella
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions till al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together chicken, oregano, paprika, garlic and salt. Set this aside for ten minutes.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a pan and add chopped garlic. Saute the garlic for a minute till fragrant and add the chicken. Cook the chicken for four minutes, stirring once or twice. Add chopped spinach, mix and cover and cook on medium heat for two minutes till the spinach wilts.
- Add cream and cream cheese, mix and simmer till the cheese melts. Toss the pasta in this sauce and add mozzarella. Mix the mozzarella till it melts. Taste for seasoning and serve the pasta immediately.