Baked chilli lime sweet potato wedges are the perfect healthy snack. These are oven roasted with crispy edges and soft, creamy centre. Turn these into sweet potato nachos or dip these wedges into a dipping sauce – either way you’ll love these! Gluten free, vegan and super easy to make!
- 2 medium sized Sweet Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons Potato Starch
- 1 tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- Zest of 1 Lime
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1 teaspoon Salt + extra for sprinkling later
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 220 C/430 F. Place a baking rack on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Snip off the ends of each sweet potato (leaving the skin on), and then cut them into half lengthwise. Cut each half into two more parts lengthwise, and then further into two more till you have eight long wedges. Cut each long wedge in the middle to make 16 wedges from each sweet potato. (Scroll up to see step by step pictures to cut sweet potato into wedges).
- Toss the sweet potatoes well in potato starch till the wedges are coated evenly. Then sprinkle paprika, lime zest, lime juice, salt and olive oil over the wedges and use your hands to toss the wedges in the seasoning.
- Arrange them on the baking rack and bake for 35 minutes. Turn on the broiler (or the top element of the oven) for the last five minutes to get them extra crispy. Sprinkle them with some flaky sea salt and serve immediately.
- Sweet potato skin: Feel free to peel the sweet potato if you don’t like the skin
- The baking rack thats placed on the baking sheet keeps the wedges from getting soggy and bakes them evenly
- Oven temperatures vary slightly so you may have to reduce or increase the bake time by five minutes