Easy to follow recipe for creamy matar paneer curry which is ready in under 30 minutes. Comforting and home style, this ghar ka khana recipe is a winner!
- 1 teaspoon Jeera or Cumin Seeds
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 3 Tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tablespoon Coriander Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt or Hung Curd
- 1 teaspoon Kasuri Methi (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 250 grams Paneer (or Indian Cottage Cheese, cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 3/4 cup par boiled Green Peas (or frozen Matar, thawed and boiled)
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. Once they start to crackle add onions and ginger garlic paste.
- Saute the onions for a few minutes till translucent and add tomatoes, salt and all the spices. Mix well, and cover and cook for 5-7 minutes till the tomatoes are cooked through.
- Whisk yogurt in a bowl, and add the onion tomato mixture one tablespoon at a time to the bowl, mixing well after each time. After 5-6 tablespoons, transfer the yogurt mixture back into the pan. This method helps avoid the yogurt curdling.
- Switch off the flame and use a hand blender to blend the curry to a consistency that you like. This step is completely optional.
- Switch the flame back on and add the peas, garam masala and kasuri methi. Mix and simmer for 5 minutes and then add the paneer. Mix well and simmer for another 2-3 minutes and turn off the flame. Serve creamy matar paneer curry hot with parathas and rice.