Easy to follow recipe for creamy matar paneer curry which is ready in under 30 minutes. Comforting and home style, this ghar ka khana recipe is a winner!
- 1 teaspoon Jeera (or Cumin Seeds)
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Garlic (Paste)
- 3 Tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli (Powder)
- 1 tablespoon Coriander (Powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric (Powder)
- 3/4 teaspoon Garam Masala (Powder)
- 1/2 cup Yogurt (thick or Hung Curd)
- 1 teaspoon Kasuri Methi ,dried (optional)
- 250 grams Paneer (or Cottage Cheese,cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 3/4 cup Green Peas (fresh or frozen Matar)
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. Once they start to crackle add onions and ginger garlic paste.
- Saute the onions for a few minutes till translucent and add tomatoes, salt and all the spices. Mix well, and cover and cook for 5-7 minutes till the tomatoes are cooked through.
- Whisk yogurt in a bowl, and add the onion tomato mixture one tablespoon at a time to the bowl, mixing well after each time. After 5-6 tablespoons, transfer the yogurt mixture back into the pan. This method helps avoid the yogurt curdling.
- Switch off the flame and use a hand blender to blend the curry till smooth. This step is completely optional.
- Switch the flame back on and add the peas, paneer and kasuri methi. Simmer for 5 minutes and switch off the flame. Serve creamy matar paneer curry hot with parathas and rice.