Creamy roasted pumpkin soup is easy, healthy and made from blended roasted pumpkins. With almonds, cashews and rosemary, this is the perfect fall/winter soup. Can be easily made vegan by swapping milk for coconut milk.
- 500 grams pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 1 cup diced onions (125g)
- 4–5 cloves garlic
- 10 –12 whole almonds
- 10–12 whole cashew nuts
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup stock/water
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C
- In a baking tray arrange the pumpkin, onions, garlic, cashews and almonds. Drizzle all over with oil and honey evenly. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle rosemary on top. Bake for 50 – 60 minutes, till the pumpkin is soft.
- In a blender add all the roasted ingredients along with milk and stock/water. Blend this till its smooth. You can adjust the consistency by adding a little extra liquid if required. Serve warm with a drizzle of cream on top.
- Best pumpkins for pumpkin soup: You can use any kind of eating pumpkin for this soup, including butternut squash which is from the pumpkin family
- Is this pumpkin soup healthy: Clocking in at approximately 171 calories per serving, this is a pretty healthy soup. Which is why I recommend the cheesy bread to go with it!
- Cutting the pumpkin: Use a sharp knife to first cut the pumpkin in half, then quarters and further till you have 1 inch slices. These can be peeled and then diced further into 1 inch dices.
- Vegan roasted pumpkin soup: This soup can easily be made vegan by swapping coconut milk for milk in the recipe