This 15-minute creamy salmon piccata is made entirely in a pan and simmered in a luscious creamy lemon sauce that’s super easy to make. The sauce is just five ingredients and you can substitute the salmon for chicken to make chicken piccata although cooking times will differ. This is an example of how easily salmon can be made at home to look and taste amazing!
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 4 Salmon Fillets (about 1 inch in thickness), boneless
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- ½ teaspoon minced Garlic
- ½ cup Chicken Broth
- Juice of 1½ Lemon
- 3 tablespoons Capers, drained
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- Dry the salmon fillets well with a paper towel and sprinkle each side with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a 10 or 12 inch skillet and slide in the salmon fillets skin side down (you can also use skinless salmon fillets). Cook them on each side for five minutes and remove them on a plate.
- In the same pan, add garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Add the chicken broth, and simmer for a few minutes till its reduced to half. Add the lemon juice and capers and mix.
- Pour in the cream and simmer on a low flame for 2 minutes. Slide the salmon fillets back into the pan and spoon the sauce on them. Turn off the flame and serve immediately.
Serving Suggestions: We like serving the salmon with blanched or steamed broccoli or broccolini. To blanche, bring a pot of water to boil. Stir in salt, and add the broccoli. Boil for a minute or two and immediately sieve the broccoli. Sprinkle freshly ground black pepper on top and you are ready to go!