Creamy sun-dried tomato chicken with pasta is a quick, easy dinner recipe with a delicious sauce that will have you licking your fingers! I love serving this chicken with pasta but brown rice or quinoa also work well. The whole family will love this meal!
- 6 bone-in, skinless Chicken Thighs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil (from sundried tomatoes in oil)
- 2 teaspoon Butter
- 1 teaspoon minced Garlic
- ½ teaspoon dried Thyme
- ½ teaspoon Chilli Flakes
- ½ cup Sun-dried Tomatoes, roughly chopped
- ¾ cup low sodium Chicken Broth
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 2 cups cooked Fusilli Pasta
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium high heat, and add chicken thighs. Sear on both sides for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in the same pan and add garlic, thyme and chilli flakes. Saute for a minute or two and add sundried tomatoes, chicken broth, salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and cook covered for 20-25 minutes till the chicken is cooked through. Check after 15 minutes and add a little more broth if necessary.
- Once the chicken is cooked, stir in the heavy cream and parmesan and simmer for a minute or two before switching off the flame. Toss the cooked pasta in if adding it to the sauce and mix well. Serve immediately.