These veg nuggets are a great alternative to chicken nuggets. They happen to be vegan, and are loaded with veggies. Kids and adults both love them!
For the nuggets:
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Beans
- 2 cups finely shredded Cabbage
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped Garlic
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped Ginger
- 3 tablespoons Sichuan sauce (or any other hot sauce like Sriracha) + extra for serving
- 1 teaspoon white Pepper Powder
- 1/2–3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 4 tablespoons Corn flour
- 2 tablespoon All purpose flour or Maida
- Oil for deep frying
- Add the carrots, beans and cabbage to a food processor and process very finely.
- Take the mixture out in a bowl and add ginger, garlic, sichuan sauce, salt, white pepper, corn flour and all purpose flour and mix well. The veggies will start releasing liquid and you’ll get a thick batter (like in the video above). Form into 1.5″ long cylindrical fingers. Form all the fingers.
- Heat oil for frying the fingers. The temperature should be between 325-350F (180C). Deep fry the fingers, making sure not to overcrowd the pan or the temperature of the oil will drop really fast. Fry till they are a deep golden brown, and then take them out on a tissue lined plate.
- Serve immediately with sichuan sauce or ketchup on the side.