An easy foolproof recipe for roasted chickpeas flavored with Indian Masala. This recipe is sure shot way to get super crunchy chickpeas or chanas.
- 4 cups Chickpeas (cooked (See Note 1))
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Paprika (or Kashmiri Red Chili Powder)
- 2 teaspoons Cumin (or Jeera powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic (Powder (optional))
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala (Powder)
- to taste Salt
- Drain water completely from the chickpeas and dry them using a kitchen towel. I like to place them in a single layer between two kitchen towels to get rid of as much water as possible and then leave them outside for half an hour or so.
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees or 400 degree Fahrenheit.
- Lay them on a roasting tray in a single layer and drizzle with 2 tablespoons Olive Oil and sprinkle with salt. Mix well.
- Let them roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes and keep stirring them every fifteen minutes or so. Reduce the oven temperature to 175 degrees at the 30 minute mark.
- After 35-40 minutes, remove them from the oven and sprinkle with all the other spices and remaining olive oil. Toss well and put the tray back in the oven for 3-4 minutes. Any longer will burn the spices so be careful at this stage.
- Let them cool completely before storing them in an airtight container. The chickpeas stay crisp and crunchy for up to a week.
Note 1: If using canned chickpeas, drain completely.
Feel free to use your own spice blend. I love using honey and mustard oil for a honey mustard blend too.
The nutritional information below is for 6 servings.