Easy, healthy, vegetarian detox cabbage soup is a good reset for your body. Its simple and has readily available ingredients. Serve it blended or chunky!
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped Garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped Ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped Onion
- 1/2 cup diced Celery
- 1/4 cup chopped Carrots
- 1.5 cups chopped Cabbage
- 1/4 cup diced Capsicum
- 1 cup diced Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 6 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 8–10 fresh Basil leaves, roughly torn
- 1 teaspoon red Chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- chopped Parsley for garnish
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and add ginger and garlic, fry for 1/2 a minute. Add the onions and fry for another 1/2 a minute. Add the celery, the carrots, cabbage and capsicum and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, salt and stock, bring to a boil and let simmer on low for about 20 minutes.
- Add the herbs, chilli flakes and pepper. Mix well. Serve hot, garnished with chopped parsley.
Instant Pot Version
- Turn on saute mode on the instant pot and heat oil. Add ginger and garlic, fry for 1/2 a minute. Add the onions and fry for another 1/2 a minute. Add the celery, carrots, cabbage, capsicum, tomatoes, salt and stock. Lock the lid in place and shift the valve to sealing mode. Set high pressure for 2 minutes. Let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes and then release pressure manually.
- Stir in the herbs, chilli flakes and pepper. Serve hot, garnished with chopped parsley.
The soup can either be served as is. Or you can let it cool, blend it till smooth and serve it.