This Eggless Blueberry Microwave Mug Cake is a quick fix to your dessert cravings and is perfect for when you want to leave behind no left overs! It is ready under two minutes and is so soft, fluffy and gooey because of the blueberries - you'll wipe the mug clean in seconds!
Can we talk about dessert today? Specifically this super fulfilling eggless blueberry mug cake which can be made in TWO minutes in a microwave? This mug cake is a boon. For people like me, who were stupid enough to make 'healthy eating' a new year resolution. Because a girl needs her dessert. And mug cakes are perfect if you don't want to be shovelling slices of a large 9 inch cake in your mouth at dinner and then have leftovers for breakfast and lunch the next day.
This one doesn't need eggs or a baking pan or an oven. Is it still cake?
I donno. But it's what I need right now.
This mug cake is perfect for all my cake cravings. It's soft, fluffy and slightly gooey with all those blueberries in there. They burst and left all this juice running out of the mug; more specifically tea cup in my case. And takes exactly two minutes from start to finish if you have everything on hand. Which you probably do because the ingredient list is all of seven ingredients long. Whaaaaaaaa?!!
Plus you can bake it or microwave it and keep it in the refrigerator for a day or two. But who does that? Only crazy food blogger lady who ends up testing it five times in a day and ends up with ten mug cakes which she (thankfully) doesn't finish all by herself.
At this point I love them so much that I'm only going to be serving mug cakes at the next party. Who needs real cake when you can have mug cake, ready in two minutes in a microwave?! Plus the flavors and the combinations. I can't even.
Swap the blueberries for strawberries, chocolate chips, cranberries, sprinkles, raspberries ............ and see how you have a new mug cake every time!
Yay for quick cooking, single serving mug cakes!
And while you are at it, check out my friend Sandhya's Chocolate Mug Brownie!
Eggless Blueberry Microwave Mug Cake
- 2 tablespoons Butter melted
- 2 ½ tablespoons Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ cup (31.25 g) All Purpose Flour or Maida + 1 tablespoons
- 7 - 8 Blueberries
- In a bowl, whisk together butter, sugar, milk and vanilla extract.
- Add baking powder and flour and whisk till combined. Mix in blueberries and pour into two microwave proof tea cups or one mug. Only fill the cups or mugs halfway because the cake rises up quite a bit. To clarify, this recipe is enough for one mug but I was able to divide it into two when I used two tea cups.
- Microwave for 1 minute on high. I have a small microwave and I'm not sure about the wattage. Cooking time would vary slightly depending on the size of your microwave, so I recommend starting with 45 seconds and increasing by 30 seconds.
- Serve the blueberry mug cake dusted with sugar and topped with more blueberries.