This eggless chocolate cake recipe is moist, airy, light and so chocolatey. And incredibly easy to make! This eggless cake recipe won’t fail you.
For the Cake:
- 1 ¾ cups (235g) All Purpose Flour/ Maida
- ¼ cup (48g) Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vinegar
- ½ cup melted Butter
- 1 cup (225g) powdered Sugar
- 1 cup (250g) Greek Yogurt or Hung Curds
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 75g Dark Chocolate
- 75g Fresh Cream
For the Cake:
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Line an eight inch tin with parchment paper and set aside.
- Sieve flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- Mix together milk and vinegar and set aside for a few minutes.
- Cream together butter and sugar and add the greek yogurt and vanilla extract to this and give it another whisk.
- Add half the flour mixture and mix. Mix in the milk and vinegar mixture, and then add the remaining flour mixture and fold gently, making sure not to over mix.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, reducing the temperature to 180 degrees C and baking for another 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, unmold and cool on the wire rack for another 15 minutes.
- Add chocolate and fresh cream to a microwave safe bowl, and warm in 30 second intervals for a minute or two will the chocolate starts to melt. Chocolate can burn pretty easily so stop a few seconds before you think the chocolate has actually melted. Use a spatula or a whisk to combine.
- Once the cake has cooled completely, pour warm ganache over the cake and spread over the top. Sprinkle with your favourite sprinkles and serve!
- Milk and Vinegar: You can substitute milk and vinegar with buttermilk if you have that on hand
- Melted Butter: Melted butter can be substituted with a neutral flavoured vegetable oil like canola or sunflower oil in equal quantity
- Powdered Sugar: Granulated sugar does not melt easily in cakes while baking. Powdered sugar or even castor sugar work better in this recipe.
- Greek Yogurt: Greek yogurt has the best consistency for this cake. But if you don’t have that, use hung curds.
- Baking eggless chocolate cake in microwave: To make this cake in the microwave, bake it at 180 C for approx 25 minutes.
- Storing Chocolate Cake: This cake stores well in an airtight box at room temperature for up to 2 days. Or you can refrigerate it for up to 4 days.