This fully loaded veggie burger with avocado mint chutney is crunchy outside and flavorful inside. A hamburger like patty makes sure you don’t miss the meat.
- 6 Burger (Buns)
- Onions (Sliced)
- 2 tablespoons (Oil)
For the Burger Patty:
- 2 cups Chickpeas ,cooked
- ½ cup Bulgur , cooked (Broken wheat or daliya)
- 1 cup Oats (quick cooking)
- 1 cup Carrots (grated)
- 2 Onions (medium sized , finely chopped)
- ½ teaspoon Garlic (paste)
- ½ teaspoon Ginger (paste)
- 1 teaspoon Hot Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Cumin (Powder)
- 1 teaspoon Coriander (Powder)
- ¼ packed Mint (loosely , finely chopped cup)
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup All Purpose Flour (or Maida)
- ¼ cup Milk (or Almond -for a vegan option)
- ½ cup Breadcrumbs (I used Panko)
For the Avocado Mint Chutney:
- 1 Avocado (ripe , peeled , cored and chopped)
- ½ cup Mint (fresh)
- 2 cloves Garlic
- ¼ teaspoon Sugar
- 1 Jalapeno
- to taste Salt
- To make the patty, add cooked chickpeas in a food processor and pulse a few times till coarsely ground.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients from chickpeas to salt listed under burger patty (leave aside flour, milk and breadcrumbs). Taste to adjust seasoning as required.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan.
- In three different bowls, add flour, milk and breadcrumbs.
- Take ½ cup chickpea mixture, and form into a burger patty. Dust it with flour first , dip it lightly in milk and coat it quickly with bread crumbs.
- Slide the patties in oil, and cook for 10 minutes on each side till golden brown and cooked through.
- Grind all the ingredients under avocado mint chutney to make a smooth paste. Add a little water if required.
- To assemble the burgers, slice the buns in half. Layer with lettuce, place the patty and top with the avocado mint chutney and onions. Don’t forget the ketchup 🙂
I used a really spicy hot sauce. Feel free to increase if you are using any other hot sauce like Sriracha.
Depending on the size of patty, the cooking time may vary by a few minutes.
I love adding an egg or tomatoes to my burgers. Play around with this recipe to see what you like on your burger.