This Greens, Persimmon Ricotta Salad with Bitter Orange Marmalade Dressing is a true blue winter salad and a great way to celebrate the beautiful produce!
- 3 packed (Greens (Spinach, Arugula etc.) loosely cups)
- 2 Persimmons (sliced)
- 1 cup Strawberries (halved)
- a few Pecans (or Walnuts)
- a handful Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/2 cup Ricotta
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Bitter Orange (Salad Dressing)
For the dressing
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Bitter Orange Marmalade (See Note 1)
- 2 tablespoons Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- Salt to taste
- To make the salad dressing, place everything in a food processor or blender and blend till combined. The dressing will emulsify and become thicker.
- Toss everything in two to three tablespoons of the salad dressing.
- Reserve the extra dressing in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to a week.
Note 1: If you don’t have bitter orange marmalade, substitute with 3 tablespoons orange juice and a tablespoon of honey. Reduce the vinegar to 1 tablespoon in this case.