Healthy cream of mushroom soup is made in the pressure cooker without any weird ingredients. Its light, super creamy and gets its creaminess from a secret ingredient!
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 8–10 Peppercorns
- 1 large Potato, roughly chopped
- 300 grams Mushrooms, cleaned and roughly chopped
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Milk
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil for topping
- Pressure Cook: In a pressure cooker, add olive oil, garlic, bay leaf and peppercorns. Cook till fragrant and add the mushrooms, potatoes, water and salt. Place the lid and pressure cook for three whistles if using a traditional pressure cooker. Switch off the flame and let the steam escape before opening the cooker.
- Blend: Once cool, remove the bay leaf and blend the rest with a stick blender till smooth (I like it slightly chunky but you can adjust the consistency to your taste). Add the milk, adjust seasoning and bring it to a quick boil. Switch off the flame.
- Serve: Top each bowl of soup with a dash of olive oil and serve with crusty bread.
- Mushrooms can be combined with some wonderful flavors – add some lemon zest, or sprinkle with a pinch of truffle salt. Or better still, stir fry some chopped mushrooms and mix in just before serving
- I used a combination of button, oysters and dried porcini