This recipe for super easy, healthy oats crusted fish tacos takes ONLY 15 mins. Use cod, tilapia, red snapper or any other white fish and top with cilantro mango salsa for extra zing!
- 6 Tortillas
- 2 tablespoons (Oil)
- 500 grams Fish Fillet (I used Red Snapper but you can use Cod
- 1 Egg
- 2 packets Masala (40 g each) Saffola Oats (and Coriander flavor)
- Salt to taste
- Coriander (Fresh and sliced Jalapenos for topping)
- 2 Mangoes (peeled and diced)
- 1/4 cup Capsicum (diced)
- 1/4 cup Onions (diced)
- 1 Jalapeno (sliced or chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Coriander (1 tablespoon Chopped)
- The first step is to make the mango salsa. Combine all the ingredients under mango salsa and refrigerate while you prepare everything else for the tacos.
- Cut fish fillets into bite sized pieces and place them in a plate. Whisk together the egg and salt in a separate bowl. In another plate, empty content of the flavored saffola instant oat packets. Now you’ll have three dishes in front of you – one with fish, one with egg and one with oats.
- Heat oil in a skillet. Dip each piece of fish in egg first and then coat it with oats and slide them one by one into the pan. Cook on both sides for 2-3 minutes each and remove on a plate lined with tissues.
- To assemble, warm tacos on an open flame and divide fish pieces and mango salsa equally between them. Top with sliced jalapenos and fresh coriander. Serve with a mug of beer!