Healthy north indian style aloo paneer tikkis are the perfect and easy appetizer for chilly evenings or when you have guests over!
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 large potatoes (boiled and mashed)
- 100 grams paneer (or cottage cheese, grated)
- 3/4 cup green peas (steamed)
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup instant cooking oats, ground into powder
- 1 inch piece of ginger (grated)
- 2 green chilies (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon chaat masala powder
- Salt to taste
- To begin making this Healthy Aloo Paneer Tikki Recipe, start by combining all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl, except the oil.
- Combine all the ingredients well, while mashing the green peas lightly with your hands as you mix. Check the salt and spice levels and adjust to suit your taste.
- Divide the mixture into equal size portions and shape them into 1/2 inch thick discs.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or pan and shallow fry the tikkis for 8-10 minutes on each side till golden brown and cooked through. Remove them from the pan and drain the excess oil on a kitchen paper towel.
- Sprinkle the tikkis with more chaat masala and chopped coriander, and serve hot with some spicy Pudina (Mint) Chutney and Tamarind Chutney or Ketchup.