Loaded with onions, tomatoes, green chilies and coriander, these crisp Indian masala french toasts are perfect for breakfast, brunch or as a tea time snack.
- 2 – 3 tablespoons (Oil)
- 5 Wholewheat (slices of Bread)
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder (Red)
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Onion (medium sized , finely chopped)
- 2 Chilies (Green , finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Ginger (Paste)
- 1 Tomato (small , finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Coriander (chopped)
- Whisk together eggs, chili powder and salt in a flat vessel which has enough space to soak 1-2 slices of bread. Add onion, green chilies, ginger paste, tomatoes and chopped coriander and mix well.
- Heat oil in a cast iron skillet or non stick pan.
- Soak each slice of the bread in the egg mixture for 5 seconds on each side and slide it into the pan. You can top the slices with some onions and tomatoes from the egg mixture. Cook the bread on each side for 5-7 minutes on medium heat till they are crisp from the outside and cooked through.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup and green chutney.