Instant Pot Chipotle Chili is the easiest and fastest way to make chili at home. It’s spicy, homemade, comfort food that will keep you warm and makes for a great one pot family dinner. Leftovers taste even better the next day!
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 500 grams/ 1 pound ground Beef
- 1 large Onion, finely chopped
- 6 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Chipotle Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoon Red Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 2 Chipotle Chillies in Adobo Sauce, chopped roughly
- 2 cups Pasta Sauce (or canned or fresh tomatoes)
- 1 cup dried Kidney Beans, soaked overnight
- 1 cup Water or Broth
- Salt to taste
- Suggested Toppings: Avocados, Crushed Nachos, Lime Juice, Soup Cream, Cilantro
- Saute: Switch on the saute function on your Instant Pot and heat oil. Once the oil is hot, add the ground beef and saute the meat for a 2-3 minutes. Work in batches to brown the meat. Spoon off any extra fat. Add the onions and garlic and saute for another 2-3 minutes.
- Pressure Cook: Add the chipotle powder, chili powder, oregano, cumin powder, chipotle chillies, pasta sauce, drained kidney beans, water (or broth) and salt. Mix well, close the lid and turn the valve to sealing. Use the manual setting to cook the chili for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes let the pressure release naturally.
- Serve: I like to let the chili sit for an hour and then reheating it before serving. But you can always serve it immediately topped with your favourite toppings!