Kachhe kele ke kebab are made with raw bananas or green plantains and are a healthy and nutritious snack, particular during Navratri. Check out this easy recipe which is also vegan and gluten free!
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 2 Bananas (Raw / Green Plantains / Kachhe Kele)
- 1/2 cup Kuttu Atta or Buckwheat Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper Powder
- 1 Green Chilli, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup coriander, chopped
- Rock Salt to taste (or Sendha Namak)
- Cut each plantain in half and pressure cook or boil till the plantains are cooked through. I pressure cooked them for 3 whistles or about 15 minutes.
- Peel the plantains, and add them to a bowl along with kuttu atta (buckwheat flour), ground black pepper powder, green chillies, coriander and sendha namak (rock salt). Mash the plantains and mix well with the ingredients.
- Form the kebab mixture into flat, round balls about one and a half inch in diameter and set aside.
- Heat oil in a non stick skillet, and add the kebabs one by one, making sure they don’t overlap. Cook each kebab for 8-10 minutes on each side till they are golden brown. I cooked these in two batches.
- Serve these kachhe kele ke kebabs with coriander chutney.