Creamy lemony mushroom kale linguine pasta is vegetarian, ready in 30 minutes with the best healthy alfredo style white sauce you’ll make!
- 225 grams or 8 ounces Linguine Pasta
- 4 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3–4 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 400 grams or 16 ounces fresh Button Mushrooms (halved)
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour (or Maida)
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups chopped Kale
- Zest of 2 limes (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon mixed Italian Seasoning (oregano, basil etc.)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Boil linguine according to package till al dente. Strain, wash with cold water and set aside.
- In a pan, add a tablespoon of butter, a teaspoon of olive oil and the minced garlic. Saute the garlic while the butter heats up till fragrant and add the mushrooms. Saute the mushrooms on medium high heat for 5-6 minutes till golden brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add remaining butter and flour to the pan. Cook the flour for a minute or so to cook out the raw flour taste. Slowly add milk in a steady stream while mixing continuously till no lumps exist. Keep whisking while the mixture thickens and comes to a simmer.
- Add the kale, mushrooms, lime zest, italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook the kale for a minute or two till it wilts and toss in the pasta. Add some more water or milk if the sauce is too thin. Serve hot.
- Feel free to substitute kale with spinach or your favorite green (even broccoli will work)
- Some freshly grated parmesan wouldn’t hurt either!