Low Carb Mexican Cauliflower Rice is a healthy, paleo friendly, keto friendly, vegan side dish recipe that is bursting with mexican flavours and ready in 30 minutes!
- 3 cups Cauliflower Florets (stems removed and washed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1 jalapeno (finely chopped)
- 2 medium Tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 3/4 cup diced Bell Peppers
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika Powder (or red chilli powder)
- 1 tablespoon chopped Coriander (or Cilantro)
- Salt to taste
- More cilantro, sliced avocados, jalapenos, lime juice etc for topping
- Add cauliflower florets to a food processor or chopper and pulse till the cauliflower resembles small bits (like rice). Make sure not to go all the way or it can turn mushy. See picture for reference.
- Heat oil in a pan and add onions, garlic and jalapenos. Stir fry for a few minutes till the onion is translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, cumin powder, paprika powder and salt to the pan. Cook the tomatoes for a few minutes till they soften. Add the diced bell peppers and cauliflower rice to the pan and mix well. Stir fry the cauliflower for 3-4 minutes till it’s tender.
- Top with your favourite topping and serve hot.
- We like our food spicy, but if you don’t, feel free to de-seed the jalapeno
- Cauliflower rice is best served immediately. Stored cauliflower rice can taste a bit weird and can turn smelly. And it only takes 15 minutes to put together anyway!
- Our favourite toppings are sour cream, cilantro, avocados and sometimes fried tortilla chips