This eggless, no ice cream maker, no churn lychee cherry swirl ice cream is the best way to beat the heat this summer! With just 10 mins of prep, this will become your go-to ice cream recipe.
- 400 grams Whipping Cream (Heavy)
- 200 grams Condensed Milk (Sweetened)
- 1 cup (pitted Lychees)
- 1 1/2 cups Cherries (pitted and destemmed)
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Water
- Puree lychees in a blender till smooth.
- Whip together cream and condensed milk till light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Whisk in the lychee mixture till combined. Pour into a freezer friendly container, cover and freeze for about 1 1/2 hours.
- In a saucepan, add cherries, sugar and water. Bring this to a boil and simmer for about 10 minutes till the cherries have broken down and the mixture is slightly syrupy. Let this cool while your ice cream freezes.
- After 1 1/2 hours, take your ice cream out of the freezer (it should be semi solid by now with the sides more frozen than the center) and add your cherry mixture by the spoonful in different parts of the surface of the ice cream. Use a fork to swirl the cherry mixture into the ice cream without mixing homogenously.
- Cover and freeze overnight. I didn’t need to thaw it before serving because this ice cream is really smooth and creamy, but just in case you do, leave it out on the counter for 5-7 minutes before serving. Top with more cherries or lychees and enjoy!
Before you go away, be sure to check out links from all my food bloggers friends who are part of #icecreamweek