Fish fry recipe, mangalorean style along with a quick and spicy marinade called Meet Mirsang which is used frequently in Mangalorean Cuisine.
Chili, Salt and Vinegar Marinade | Mirsang
- 4 tablespoons Chili Powder (Red (I recommend Kashmiri Red ))
- 1 tablespoon Cumin (Roasted Powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric (Powder)
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 6 tablespoons White Vinegar (Distilled)
Mangalore Fish Fry
- 1 600 gms Pomfret (whole , approx)
- 1 – 1 1/2 teaspoons (Meet Mirsang Paste)
- to taste Salt
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Oil (or Ghee)
- Onions (and Lime for garnishing)
- For the Mirsang add all the dry ingredients into a bowl and add vinegar to make a smooth thick paste.
- Transfer paste to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 months.
- If using your hands to mix, DO NOT touch your fingers to your eyes or any part of your face and wash your hands thoroughly after use.
- For the fish fry
- Make slits in the pomfret and apply one to one and a half teaspoon meet mirsang paste all over it. Feel free to use more marinade if you like it extra hot. Push paste in the slits as well and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil or ghee in a non stick pan and slide the fish in.
- Pan fry the fish with seven minutes on each side.
- Serve hot with onion rings and a dash of lime juice.