This mediterranean inspired chickpea salad is like a party in your mouth! It’s got a healthy combination of protein, carbs, fibre and fats which makes it a great dinner dish too. Carry it in your lunchbox or serve it as a side with some pita and hummus – this bowl will disappear in minutes. Ready in 15 minutes if you already have cooked chickpeas at hand.
For the Salad Dressing:
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup White Wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground Black Pepper
For the Salad:
- 2 cups cooked Chickpeas
- 1/2 cup diced Red Onions
- 1/2 cup Cherry or Grape Tomato, halved
- 1 cup diced Cucumber
- 1/2 cup diced Red Bell Pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced Kalamata Olives
- 2 tablespoon sliced Black Olives
- 1/2 cup chopped Celery with leaves
- 1 cup chopped fresh Parsley
- 3 tablespoons Capers (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped Green Onions
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup crumbled Feta Cheese
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing and set aside. This dressing can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator.
- Add the chickpeas, onions, cucumber, bell peppers, tomatoes, celery, both the olives, capers, and parsley to a large bowl.
- Drizzle the prepared dressing all over the salad ingredients and toss well together. Crumble feta over the salad and refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving. Refrigerating the salad for a few hours help meld the flavours together and gives the chickpeas time to soak up the dressing.
- Feel free to use either canned chickpeas or cook them from scratch. The process to cook chickpeas is detailed in the post above.
- This salad can be eaten as a complete meal since it has the chickpeas as protein with an assortment of vegetables.
- Adding celery with leaves, adds an extra crunch as well as more fibre to the salad.