Mexican Prawn Avocado Taco Salad is a delicious, hearty salad that has all the flavours of your favourite mexican taco, but healthier. Loaded with lettuce, black beans, avocado, cherry tomatoes, corn and a delicious cilantro lime dressing, it’s perfect when you want salad for dinner.
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 20 large frozen Prawns, thawed
- 4 teaspoons Taco Seasoning, divided
- 1 cup Corn Kernels
- 5 cups fresh Lettuce, roughly torn
- 2 cups Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup Black Beans, drained
- 2 Avocados, scooped and diced
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
For the Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 3/4 cup Chopped Cilantro or Coriander
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1 tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Nachos, Sour Cream, Jalapenos etc.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan, and add thawed prawns and 3 tablespoons taco seasoning to it. Saute for 7-8 minutes till the prawns are cooked through. Remove the prawns and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to the pan and add corn and a tablespoon of taco seasoning. Saute for 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- To make the cilantro lime dressing, add all the ingredients to a jar and shake till everything combines and the dressing emulsifies. Alternatively, you can also add everything to a blender and blend.
- To assemble the salad, add lettuce to a large bowl. Top with cherry tomatoes, corn, black beans, avocados, and prawns. Add the dressing and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
- We love topping our salad with crushed nachos, sour cream and jalapenos which add tons of flavour to this salad.