This no brainer loaded nachos platter is the perfect party food for a crowd. Cheesy, crunchy, loaded with toppings, super easy and great as a game day snack.
- 200 g Nachos (or 1–1/2 packets)
- 1 cup Sweet Corn (cooked)
- Coriander (Chopped for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 cup Kidney Beans (cooked)
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin (Powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 cup Water
- to taste Salt
- 2 Tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 1/2 Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon Vinegar
- 1 Green Chili (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoon Coriander (chopped)
- to taste Salt (and Pepper)
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 3 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 Green Chili (minced)
- 1 tablespoon All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Cheddar Cheese (Grated)
- Start by making refried beans. Heat a teaspoon of olive oil in a pan and add minced garlic to it. Once the garlic is nice and fragrant, add all the ingredients listed under refried beans to the pan. Bring it to a boil and then simmer and cook till all the water has evaporated.
- Combine all the ingredients mentioned under Tomato Salsa and set aside while you cook the corn.
- Heat a pan till smoking hot and add the corn. Stir around 3-4 minutes till the corn starts charring a bit. Switch off the flame and allow it to cool while you make the cheese sauce.
- Heat butter in a pan and add the minced garlic and green chili. Cook on low flame for a minute and add a cup of milk. While the milk comes to a boil, whisk the flour in the remaining cup of milk till no lumps remain. Add this to the simmering milk in the pan and keep whisking continuously till there are no lumps and the mixture starts to thicken. Cook this mixture for a few minutes. Switch off the flame and add all the cheese. Stir till the cheese has melted completely.
- To assemble the nachos, layer a large platter with half the nachos. Top the nachos with refried beans and tomato salsa. Add the remaining nachos on top of this. Scatter the corn on the nachos, and spoon the cheese sauce over this. Use some chopped coriander as topping and serve with a chilled glass of beer.
The cheese sauce can be slightly tricky the first time. Just in case, yours has a few lumps, pulse it a few time in the food processor and it’ll become silky smooth.
To cook dry kidney beans, soak them overnight and then boil them or pressure cook them till the beans can be easily crushed between two fingers.
You can use frozen sweet corn instead of fresh corn. Just make sure to thaw completely before cooking.