Healthy Oatmeal Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are super easy, extremely soft and fluffy; have almost no flour, and are perfect for breakfast!
- 2 cups Oat Flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk (at room temperature)
- 1 cup mashed Bananas ((I used two large over ripe bananas))
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour (or Maida)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon Powder ((optional))
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 1/4 cup honey (or Maple Syrup)
- 1/2 cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- Pre-heat oven to 175 degree Celcius. Grease and line a 12-muffin tin and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together oat flour, milk, bananas and vanilla extract and let the mixture sit for 10-15 minutes. This will help soak the oat flour so that the muffins are not dry.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder (if using) and salt. Set aside. In a different bowl, whisk together butter and honey and set aside. You’ll now have three different bowls.
- Once the oat mixture has soaked for 10 minutes, add the butter mixture to it. Mix well. Finally add the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and scoop mixture into lined muffin tins. These muffins don’t rise too much so you can fill till almost the top (leaving about 1/4 inch space from the top). Bake for 18-20 minutes until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Once baked, let the muffins cool for a few minutes before turning them out on a wire mesh. Consume within 2-3 days.
- You can also use mini muffin tins to bake these muffins. This recipe makes about 15 mini muffins
- Depending on the variety of oats you use, you’ll need about 2-2 1/2 cups oats to make 2 cups oat flour. To make oats flour, just grind oats to a fine powder