Check out this exciting recipe for a one pan Frittata that’s inspired by the Indian Masala Omelette. It’s spicy, has garam masala and can be made on the stovetop or the oven!
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup Milk
- 2 tablespoons Butter (or Oil)
- 2 Onions (medium , finely chopped)
- 1/2 tablespoon Ginger (minced)
- 2 – 3 Chilies (Green, finely chopped)
- 200 grams button Mushrooms (fresh, sliced)
- 1 red Bell Pepper (green, chopped)
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric (Powder)
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- to taste Salt (and Black Pepper)
- ½ cup Coriander Leaves (fresh , finely chopped)
- Pre-Heat oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Heat butter/oil in a Cast Iron/Oven proof pan. Add onions and saute for 5 minutes till they are soft and translucent.
- Add chopped ginger and green chillies and cook for another minute. To this, add mushrooms and cook till all the water from the mushrooms reduces.
- Mix in chopped bell pepper, turmeric powder, garam masala, black pepper, coriander leaves and salt.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl crack eggs. Add milk and season it with salt and pepper (keep in mind that the onion mixture also has salt and pepper). Beat well.
- Reduce the flame to medium-low heat and add the egg mixture slowly to the pan. Shake the pan to spread the mixture evenly.
- Let this cook for 5-6 minutes on a low heat undisturbed.
- You can either continue to cook the Frittata on the stove top till the center is set (about 10-12 minutes) or place the pan on the middle rack of the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve this One Pan Indian Masala Omelette Frittata with some tomato ketchup or hot sauce drizzled on top.