These homemade pepperoni cheese bombs are made from scratch and so easy! They are stuffed with mozzarella and pepperoni and perfect game day party food recipe. Make them for superbowl or tailgating!
- 2 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons (15 gms) Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (5 gms) Active Dry Yeast
- 1 whole Egg
- 3/4 cup (185 ml) whole Milk
- 2 tablespoons melted Butter
- 130 grams Mozzarella, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 6–8 Pepperoni slices, finely chopped
- Extra egg or milk for egg wash
- 2 tablespoons assorted seeds like nigella seeds, sesame seeds, poppy seeds for topping
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, whisk together flour, sugar, salt and yeast so that everything is distributed evenly. Add egg, milk and butter and combine well. Knead the dough for 8-10 minutes if kneading by hand or for 5-6 minutes if kneading in the stand mixer till the dough is soft and supple. Add a little more flour if required while kneading. But the dough may seem sticky at first, but will change texture as you knead.
- Cover the dough in a bowl and let it rest for 1-1.5 hours till the dough doubles in size.
- To form the pepperoni cheese bombs, take a golf ball sized piece of dough. Flatten it out in the palm of your hand and place a cube of mozzarella along with a teaspoon of chopped pepperoni in the center. Pull the edges over the stuffing and seal them so that the cheese doesn’t ooze out while baking.
- Place the stuffed dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- At this point, pre-heat the oven to 200C/ 392F.
- Cover and let this rest for 20-25 minutes till these almost double again. Now brush each ball of dough with egg wash, and sprinkle some seeds on top.
- Bake these buns for approx 18 minutes till they are a beautiful golden on top. Brush with melted butter and serve warm.
Storage: These can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-4 days.