A simple, fool proof pressure cooker soup where fresh zucchinis and basil are cooked together with simple spices and then finished with yogurt, sour cream and parmesan!
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- ¾ cup Onion (chopped finely)
- 4 cloves garlic (chopped finely)
- 2 zucchinis (large, about 1/2 kg, chopped finely)
- 1 teaspoon Red Chili Flakes (as per your taste)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2.5 – 3 cups Water
- ½ cup Basil (fresh leaves, lightly packed, chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Sour Cream
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese (shredded for sprinkling)
- If cooking in pressure cooker, warm oil. Once oil is heated add onion and garlic and saute until softened.
- To it add zucchini, salt, black pepper, red chili flakes, water and basil leaves. Close the lid and then let it whistle for 3-4 times. Let it cool down. Once all the pressure has released, open the pressure cooker lid.
- Using a hand blender, blend until smooth. If it’s too thick for your liking, add little water and mix. Heat it and once hot enough stir sour cream and yogurt. Taste and adjust spices. Serve sprinkled with parmesan and some lime juice (optional).
- In case you don’t have a pressure cooker, just follow all the steps until before closing the lid and instead let the soup simmer until zucchini is softened. Then follow the rest of the recipe as is.