One bowl, quick, creamy and luscious microwave chocolate pudding recipe which takes only 15 minutes from start to finish.
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder (I used Hersheys but Cadbury works as well)
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Cornflour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 1/4 cups Milk (Preferably room temperature)
- 1/4 cup Chocolate, Chopped (I used Cadbury Bournville)
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract (Can be omitted)
- Roasted almonds, Strawberries, Cherries and Whipped cream for topping
- Stir together cocoa powder, sugar, cornstarch and salt in a large microwave safe bowl. Gradually add milk and whisk till no lumps exist.
- Place the bowl in a microwave at full power for 8-10 minutes. Pause microwave every 2 minutes to stir the mixture. After 8 minutes, the pudding should have thickened.
- While its still hot, whisk in chopped chocolate, butter and vanilla extract till pudding is smooth.
- Pour pudding mixture into individual dishes. To avoid a skin forming, place a cling film wrap directly on the surface and refrigerate for up to 2 hours. Garnish with roasted almonds, strawberries, cherries or whipped cream. Or all of them.
- Tastes best when served cold
(Adapted from Hershey’s)