Fresh figs roasted with honey and served with cardamom flavored yogurt. A simple, fresh dessert which looks like a million dollars.
- 6 Figs (fresh , halved)
- 2 + 2 tablespoons Honey
- 1 Vanilla Bean (optional)
- ½ cup Yogurt (or Curds thick)
- 1 tablespoon Cardamom (powder)
- Spoon yogurt into a fine mesh sieve and let the whey drain overnight or for a couple of hours to make hung curd. I didn’t plan ahead, so I ended up draining mine for only a half hour. This made no difference to the taste.
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degree celsius.
- Arrange figs on a roasting pan and drizzle with 2 tablespoons honey. If using slit the vanilla bean, scrape out the seeds and toss seeds with figs.
- Place in the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- Mix cardamom powder in the yogurt and let it stand for ten minutes.
- To serve, place 2-3 figs in each bowl, spoon yogurt on top and drizzle with remaining honey and fig juices collected in the pan.