With the new year, come new resolutions.
‘Losing weight and getting fit’ tops Time Magazine‘s list of new year resolutions made and broken. Ha! Don’t we all relate to that one?
But then, don’t we also decide to try one more time? Just between you and me, I must have made and broken this resolution at least five hundred and sixty seven times – if you count every second week of the year. So hard to resist that jar of Nutella, isn’t it?
So yet again, let’s give it one more shot. I started the year with this breakfast dish that is so versatile and can be madewith many flavor combinations. My favorite is using rose, cardamom and honey to elevate the humble oats to an almost dessert like quality.
With the new year, come new resolutions. Losing weight and getting fit tops Time Magazine’s list of new year resolutions made and broken. Ha! Don’t we all relate to that one? But then, don’t we also decide to try one more time? Just between you and me, I must have made and broken this resolution
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 teaspoons rose petals (Dried)
- 3 pods Cardamom (crushed ,)
- 1 cup oats (Instant Quaker)
- 2 – 3 teaspoons Honey
- Add rose petals and cardamom pods to milk and slowly bring to a simmer. Avoid bringing to a boil quickly so that the flavors permeate the milk. I used 2% skim milk, but feel free to use any kind.
- Strain the milk and discard the rose petals and cardamom pods. In the same vessel, add oats, honey and the milk and cook for 3-4 minutes, adjusting its consistency to suit you. Add more milk to thin the porridge if you like. 1/4-1/2 cup will not alter the taste.
- Enjoy while its warm.