A simple, delicious oatmeal porridge flavoured with rose petals and honey. Its fragrant and will really transport you to a happier time! Takes about 10 minutes to make and is the perfect breakfast on the go!
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 teaspoons rose petals (Dried)
- 3 pods Cardamom (crushed ,)
- 1 cup oats (Instant Quaker)
- 2 – 3 teaspoons Honey
- Add rose petals and cardamom pods to milk and slowly bring to a simmer. Avoid bringing to a boil quickly so that the flavors permeate the milk. I used 2% skim milk, but feel free to use any kind.
- Strain the milk and discard the rose petals and cardamom pods. In the same vessel, add oats, honey and the milk and cook for 3-4 minutes, adjusting its consistency to suit you. Add more milk to thin the porridge if you like. 1/4-1/2 cup will not alter the taste.
- Enjoy while its warm.