- ½ cup Moong Dal
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- ½ inch piece Ginger, grated
- 1 green Chilli, chopped finely
- 1 cup chopped Vegetables (I used carrots, cauliflower, green peas)
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 cup Oats
- 3 cups Water
- Salt to taste
- Soak: Soak the moong dal in some water till you are ready to add it to the recipe.
- Cook: Heat ghee in a pressure cooker and add cumin seeds. Once the seeds start spluttering add ginger and green chilies. Cook for a minute till the ginger is fragrant and add the chopped vegetables, turmeric, oats. Drain the moong dal and add it to the cooker along with 3 ½ cups water and salt.
Bring this to pressure and cook for two whistles. Let the pressure release naturally. Serve hot topped with more ghee.