This is the best chinese schezwan fried rice you’ll make – loaded with vegetables, spicy and super easy! Made with sichuan sauce, it’s the best way to use leftover rice.
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped Garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped Celery ((optional))
- 1 1/2 cups finely diced Vegetables ((mushroom, beans, carrots, corn, peas etc))
- 3 cups Leftover Rice ((day old rice is best))
- 3 tablespoons Schezwan Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Diced Green Onions and Sesame Seeds for topping
- Heat a wok or frying pan, and once the pan is really hot, add oil, garlic and celery to it. Cook for about 30 seconds and add the vegetables.
- Stir fry the vegetables on high heat for two to three minutes and add schezwan sauce, soy sauce, salt and pepper to the pan. Mix well, and add the rice.
- Toss the rice to coat with the sauce, and stir around for another two minutes. The rice might char at the bottom of the pan which is okay but keep the heat high. Switch off the flame, and serve hot topped with green onions and sesame seeds.
- Always use rice which is al dente
- I don’t recommend using frozen veggies directly for this rice, because it brings the temperature of the pan down, unless you have thawed them completely before using