This slow cooker Chipotle BBQ Pulled Pork has all the right flavors – smoky, spicy and insanely delicious. Perfect for tacos, burritos with just 5 minutes of prep.
- 750 grams or 1.6 pounds Pork Shoulder (boneless)
- 2 Onions (sliced)
For the Marinade Sauce
- 4–5 Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chilli or Paprika Powder
- 6–7 Garlic Cloves
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (or Honey)
- 1 tablespoon Cumin Powder
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 onion (sliced)
- Salt to taste
- Blend together all the ingredients mentioned under marinade to a smooth paste.
- In a slow cooker or crockpot, add pork (fat side up), the marinade sauce, sliced onions and 1/4 cup water. Cook on low for 8-10 hours till the pork is completely cooked through and shreds easily with a fork.
- Remove the layer of fat from top and discard. Be patient and spoon off any fat that’s swimming on top and discard. Shred the pork meat with a fork, top with cilantro and serve!
- The liquid in the slow cooker can be used to make a sauce for the pork. I whisk a little flour in it and cook it on the stove till it thickens. It has tons of flavor and shouldn’t be wasted
- We like our food extra spicy, so feel free to adjust the spice to your taste