This slow cooker lamb curry recipe gives you tender, fall apart meat that’s full of flavour! Use some basic spices and create this delicious curry that’s a winner to come home to.
- 1 kg/ 2.2 pounds Lamb Shoulder, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon + 3 tablespoons Oil
- 1/2 cup chopped Onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped Garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped Ginger
- 2 Green Chillies/ Serrano Peppers, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Meat Masala (store bought meat curry powder)
- 1 tablespoon Red Chilli Powder
- 2 tablespoons Coriander Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 1 teaspoon Fennel (Saunf)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Tomato Puree (Tomato Passata)
- 3/4 cup Water
- Chopped coriander or cilantro for topping
- Marinate the lamb in yogurt, turmeric and salt and set aside for half an hour.
- In a pan, heat a tablespoon of oil and saute onions, garlic and ginger till the onions are soft and light golden brown.
- In a slow cooker, add the marinated lamb, cooked onion mixture, three tablespoons oil, green chillies, meat masala, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala, fennel, salt, tomato puree and water. Mix well and cook on high for 6-8 hours till the lamb is fork tender. Top with chopped cilantro and serve hot with rice/ parathas/ naan.