Spinach Mushroom stuffed Chicken Breast is a super fast and easy dinner that’s healthy, delicious and made entirely on the stovetop. It literally takes minutes to put together, and cooks in under 15 minutes. Juicy chicken breast and the fantastic combination of spinach, mushroom and mozzarella cheese – you can’t go wrong with it!
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Butter
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 10-12 Button Mushrooms (approx 200 grams), thickly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning Blend
- 3 skinless, boneless Chicken Breasts
- 2 cups loosely packed Spinach Leaves (roughly chopped if large leaves)
- 3/4 cup grated Mozzarella
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a cast iron pan and add mushrooms and garlic. Toss the mushrooms with the Italian seasoning blend and salt on high heat for 2-3 minutes till they are golden brown and slightly crispy around the edges. Remove in a bowl and set aside.
- To stuff the chicken breasts, butterfly the chicken (or slice it in half without slicing it all the way through. The chicken breast should open out like a butterfly with one end along the length still intact in the middle). Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides.
- Now open the chicken breast out such that it looks like a butterfly. On one side, place a tablespoon or two of mushrooms, top with a handful of spinach leaves and then finally sprinkle 1/4 grated cheese. Fold the other side of the chicken breast on top and then secure it in place with a toothpick so that the stuffing doesn’t come out. Repeat this for all the chicken breasts.
- Heat the remaining oil and butter in the same pan and place the chicken breasts. Start on high heat, and after a minute reduce the flame to medium. Cook the breasts on each side for 6-7 minutes depending on the size of the breasts. Remove on a plate and let them rest for 2-3 minutes before serving.