Try this street style egg bhurji, if you love eggs for breakfast. A twist on scrambled eggs, this recipe is spicy, buttery and full of flavour!
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped green chili
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kitchen king masala
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4–5 button mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 5 eggs, lightly whisked
- 2–3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons grated cheese
- 2 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
- Heat ghee in a large frying pan.
- Add the ginger, garlic and green chilies and stir fry for half a minute.
- Add the chopped onions and fry till translucent.
- Next add the tomatoes, turmeric powder, chili powder, kitchen king masala and salt and fry for a couple of minutes till the tomatoes break down slightly. Add mushrooms and stir fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the lightly whisked eggs and cook on medium heat, whisking to mix them well with the masala till they are cooked.
- For a soft bhurji, cook the eggs until just set. If you like a well cooked bhurji, cook the eggs on low heat a little longer.
- Add the butter and cheese, mix through and take off heat.
- Garnish with finely chopped fresh coriander and enjoy hot on toasted bread or between buttered pav buns or with paranthas.