The Summer Berry Red Wine Spritzer is a cool, refreshing cocktail and a lot like the tinto de verano. Full of strawberries and blueberries, its perfect for times when you want to stay away from hard liquor and watch those calories while still enjoying a drink!
- 2–3 Strawberries (stems removed and cut into half)
- 4–5 Blueberries
- 1/2 teaspoon Honey
- Juice of half a lime
- 2 parts Red Wine
- 1 part Carbonated Soda
- Sprig of mint
- In a glass add a few cubes of ice, strawberries and blueberries. Add honey and lime juice and give everything a good mix.
- Add two parts wine to glass and stir again. Top with carbonated soda, add a sprig of mint and enjoy!
- Feel free to change up the ratio of wine to carbonated soda a little. You can always increase the ratio of wine to soda to 3:1
- If you don’t like the taste of honey (though I highly recommend it), you can skip it and use Sprite instead of soda for that added sweetness
- I used a Merlot when I was making these spritzers but this would work with a Shiraz as well