Watch the recipe video above. Healthy Teriyaki Shrimp Broccoli Stir Fry is ready in 30 minutes and is an easy Asian recipe when you want dinner quickly. Made with a homemade teriyaki sauce, this is best served with steamed rice.
For the Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced Ginger
- 1/4 cup Light Soy Sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Chilli Flakes
- 2 teaspoons Cornstarch (Cornflour or Potato Starch can be substituted)
- 3/4 cup water
For the Stir Fry
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
- 1 whole head Broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup mixed Vegetables (mushrooms, bell peppers etc.)
- 500 grams/ 1.1 lbs large Shrimp, deveined and cleaned
- Salt to taste
- Mix together all the ingredients under sauce and set aside.
- Heat half the oil in a wok or pan, and add the chopped garlic. Saute for a minute and add shrimp. Stir fry the shrimp on high heat for 2-3 minutes till it starts turning pink. Add the broccoli and vegetables and stir fry again for 2-3 minutes.
- Once the shrimp is cooked through and the veggies start looking bright, add the sauce and keep stirring till it comes to a boil. Add a little more water if the sauce is too thick. Simmer for a minute or two. Check for seasoning and add salt if required. Stir well and switch off the flame.